Concordance. Harmony, putting things in order, mostly coming to terms, but not quite acceptance, not yet and certainly not total acquiescence or subservience.
According to Wikipedia, Concordance can mean:
- Concordance (publishing), a list of words used in a body of work, with their immediate contexts
- Concordance (genetics), the presence of the same trait in both members of a pair of twins (or set of individuals)
- Concordance (medicine), involvement of patients in decision-making to improve patient compliance with medical advice
- Agreement (linguistics), a form of cross-reference between different parts of a sentence or phrase.
- Concordance system, in Swiss politics, the presence of all major parties in the Federal Council
- Concordance database, tailored to legal applications, distributed by LexisNexis
- Lambda-CDM model of big-bang cosmology
- Link concordance, a relation between mathematical links in knot theory
- Inter-rater reliability, in statistics, the degree to which multiple measurements of the same thing are similar
- Concordance correlation coefficient, in statistics, a measurement of the agreement between two variables
Do I really have to pick a word for 2011 now? I'll take "multiliteracies," bearing in mind that I could just as easily switch them out, "multiliteracies" for 2010 and "concordance" for 2011. Does that mean there a connection? Do you see it? Good, explain it to me when you get a chance.