Sunday, February 10, 2013

information graphics, diagrams, flowcharts, mind maps etc

…which relate to #introphil how? Surely logic cannot be irrelevant (especially not to thinking, knowledge and questions, all central to Introduction to Philosophy. OK I admit it: the real reason is that this graphic reminded me of a recent comment exchange/conversation with @Gordon_L about mind maps and the Wordle image I created for my last #introphil post. This is a flow chart because of a) that reminder and b) I couldn't find one about mind maps. There may not be a mind map humor category although some can be amusing, if not intentionally so. The same could be said of some philosophical arguments. Could the model below adapt to a Gettier Case?



v

Flowcharts are supposed to help you in making step-by-step decisions to reach a particular goal. Now here's a flowchart from College Humor to help determine whether you know what you're doing when you read a flowchart. If you're not, it won't help you at all. Link  -via the Presurfer

Flowchart: Are You Good at Following Flowcharts?:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thoroughly enjoyed the flow chart. The French part was good and I love distractions and cute animal pictures - all flow charts should have them.

Gordon said...

Hilarious! In the bad old days of batch processing I'd carefully construct a flow chart for a program and maybe it ran error free first time. Nowadays, typing stuff in verbatim I spend far more time correcting scores of errors and muddled thinking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...